Thursday 22 March 2012

The Glass Menagerie


I suppose at some point, someone, somewhere has made a really lovely glass animal, but I'm blessed if I've ever seen one. Instead, I've found a parade of weird misshapen little effigies with eyes that protrude in a most disturbing manner. Just look at these 'cute' deer. And what's with the chains? There was a phase for attaching animal ornaments together with chains - deer, poodles, horses, you name it.

These other creatures are no better - freakish boneless limbs, eyes on stalks, stumps instead of wings. Quite frankly, the only saving grace of glass animals is that they break easily...

2 comments:

menopausalmusing said...

You have made me roar with laughter.... its the "eyes on stalks" thing you see...........

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

That gimp deer threesome thing is absolutely terrifying!